Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Blog

Welcome to my new blog, My Simple Southern Living.  As you might have guessed from the title, I enjoy living a simple life in the South.  The United States South, that is.  

You might have read my old blog, Green Veggies.  I decided I'm ready for a fresh start, and really hope I can keep the momentum going in my new endeavor.

So, a little about me:  My name is Susan, I'm in my 40's, happily married to my husband for over 20 years, no kids.  I have a degree in a medical profession but haven't practiced in many years.  Up until about a year ago I would have called myself a stay at home wife.  Now I stay very busy volunteering with my local small-town humane society, and am also a member of the board of directors.  I have 3 dogs and 5 cats of my own, and there are usually a few foster kittens running around as well.  Currently we have 2 foster kittens, with one most likely leaving for a rescue partner next week.  The other is recovering from a serious illness which in fact claimed the life of her sister, and will be with us 2-3 more weeks at least.  

My focus for this blog will just be to talk about my life and what's important to me.  Sometimes I'll include pictures and maybe even video if I get very brave!  I might talk about animal rescue, veganism, frugality, books, decluttering, family, travel, and any other thing that strikes my fancy.  Things you WON'T read about on this blog:  religion, politics, guns, fashion, in-your-face-veganism, and Debbie Downer pictures of animals suffering.  

See you in my next regular post!  


No comments:

Post a Comment